1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help about Washburn Lyon Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by im2jazzc4you, Jul 26, 2012.

1. im2jazzc4you

im2jazzc4you

Oct 29, 2010
    Indonesia
    Hi guys i really need your help here, i just bought this bass...Washburn Lyon Precision Bass, it really nice bass and very worthed on the price as well... I loved it! But i don't know where is this bass made from ? Is it local or custom made, becouse i've never met any of bass here...
    Please help me guys...Thanks all ;)

9c801eac.
    530f098e.

2. 4-stringB

4-stringB

Jun 10, 2010
    Tallahassee
    Hi guy, I've got one similar to yours, been playing it for years. It's my main practice bass and for jams, where someone may ask to play it. I've got it setup the same as my Geddie Lee Jazz, so switching back and forth is transparent. I do know that Washburn is a very well respected maker of accoustic guitars, which I've seen mostly used in the bluegrass field. This bass I picked up at the flea mkt. for 75$, I've taken it to jams and had people ask me what kind of exotic boutique bass it is. As far as the wheres and whens of manufacture, we'll both have to wait for someone more knowledgable to chime in...

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    If it is one of the Korean ones I believe they were made in the Samick factory for Washburn. I had one back in the day and it wasn't a bad bass.

Our local shop was a Washburn dealer and it's been many years since they had them. If I remember his conversation they were indeed Samick made.

4. im2jazzc4you

im2jazzc4you

Oct 29, 2010
    Indonesia
    Thanks...I've got this bass only $30 bucks from a junior high student, he said that this bass used to be his brother's who had an music studio. I'm courious with the pickup, I think it's not the original, but it's so great... I think it the 60's vintage series of fender, it really amazed me, deep tone, clear mid...
    I think I'll gonna keep it for now... ;)

5. im2jazzc4you

im2jazzc4you

Oct 29, 2010
    Indonesia
    Hmmm... I think you got that right, but some of my friends said the decal is from the Japan series, I don't know it's true or not, because the decal is different from the many of Washburns...

6. levis76

levis76 Seconds from getting ba...

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    It's a P bass. Put some flatwound strings on it and rock it. :bassist:

7. im2jazzc4you

im2jazzc4you

Oct 29, 2010
    Indonesia
    Haha...will do sir :D

8. tabdog

tabdog

Feb 9, 2011
    I love my fretless Washburn.
    The D and G strings aren't
    afraid to talk,

Tabdog

9. im2jazzc4you

im2jazzc4you

Oct 29, 2010
    Indonesia
    Thanks...would you share the picture here... :)

10. tabdog

tabdog

Feb 9, 2011
    Shure thing.

It's a pretty bass to be a entry level
    bass. It has a basswood body and
    very comfortable to play.

Here is with frets,

1-22-2e.

Without frets,

2-28-3-1.

Tabdog