Need Help Badly

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by BASSnSAX, Aug 11, 2001.

1. I NEED HELP!!!! I have lost my edge....

I am not able to write songs anymore...I suck and I need anyones help...please I'm beggin ya...:(
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Um, so what are we supposed to do?
  3. Well, you could give me inspirational speeches or inspirational tunes, good exercises, umm...idk whatever you think could be helpful...
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    go to and try some of the original riffs by some people there...

i usually get inspired by some of the riffs... (no i don´t steal them! just make they mine :D )
  5. whenever i need inspiration, i go to the local 'labor ready", work a day for basically no money, then use the stress and fatigue to write. it works!
  6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Just bang around for a while, until you hear something cool, then work with it. That's what I do.
  7. kasuals

Jul 20, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    If you have a girlfriend, try probing or pinching her in different areas... the notes a womans voice can carry amaze me sometimes... :p
  8. wplyle

Aug 3, 2001
    Newark, NJ
    Believe it or not, I think you should take a step back and REALLY LISTEN to what you like to play. Sit down with no distractions and your favorite music. What do you like about it? How does it make you feel? Good music's about creating a feeling, good or bad. I suspect once you connect with that again, you won't have to work so hard to put sounds together into songs. Try can't hurt!
  9. cep

Jun 12, 2001
    Crockett, ca
    You could also try to listen and learn some styles that you haven't tried before. It will put a different perspective on things.