1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help...Bartolini output problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Does anyone else own a bart preamp? If so how is your output?

I have a 5.4 18v installed in my bass and although this sounds magnificent at normal levels, once the guitar starts riffing and the singer starts going I get totally lost in the mix.

I am using an eden 550 with avatar 2x12 and 4x10xst and black beauties. I have to turn my gain all the way to 3:00 and my Master to 1:00 and the bart volume all the way to max before I can hear myself again.

This is not good for my amp at all. I also own a Cirrus and with the gain at 12 and master at 11 I get so much volume that I get told to turn in down sometimes.

Has anyone else experienced this with the bartolini system? If so how can it be remedied? A Power amp? Different strings?

2. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    I been using Bart's and their pre amp for many years now. I find them to be great at normal volume, but when push they can become a little muddy. When playing with Bart's you cann't have your bass up on your bass amp more than 1'oclock and keep your mids under 500hz and treble about 2'oclock. I hope this help you tame sound.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

No.

How is the passive output?

On every Bart install I have, when I turn them up it simply gets louder. On preamps with internal gain pots I usually run that at around 3/4 and get big output that easily drives any amps I've used.

Is it installed correctly? What kind of pickups and bass? Distance form pickups to strings?

Lots of factors.

4. It is a tune twb63 bass. I am using the stock pickups. The strings are very low. Any lower and they are touching the fretboard.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    How is the passive output?

Also, how are you EQing your amp?