1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help buying amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djervknug, Dec 11, 2018.

1. djervknug

djervknug

Nov 30, 2018
    Oslo
    Hey, peeps of the nether realm!

I currently own a Höfner Verythin HCT-500/7, a 4x10 Ashdown cab, and I'm looking for an amp to go with it. I play gigs in a multitude of different genres, and I'd love something that works for most things (as I'm aspiring to become a session bassist). The sounds I'm looking for are the McCartney-sound , the Mac Demarco thumpy-sound and something that can handle a more gainy, punk-like sound. I'd prefer something light that's easy to bring with me, which is why I've been looking into the Blackglass series, among others. I'd also love to know if you've got any tips on how to create these different sounds. As you can probably tell I'm not really well versed in tech, so that's why I'm asking you. What would you go for? My budget is around 900-1000 USD.

Thank you so much in advance,

Levi

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Levi :)

That' s a lot of money to spend! :hyper:

I would go to a shop (or rather to every shop) and try everything!

I hope that some Vikings :D will show up, who know where to shop in Oslo.

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

3. In your price range you have a lot of great options. The latest generation of the better manufacturers class D amps tend to just be different flavors of great. Check out Genzler, Mesa, Bergantino, Trickfish, Darkglass, Quilter, Aguilar, even Peavey and see which one has a feature set that works for you.

Dragonlord likes this.