Need Help Buying an Svt 8x10 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FumandoV, Dec 10, 2004.

1. FumandoV

Nov 13, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    They're selling me an ampeg 8x10 for $550. One speaker has been replaced for the same original. Never used an ampeg before. Im really into the punchy fat sound. Does this cab fill those gaps? I really need a profesional opinion and feedback on this cab. Thankx guys. :hyper:
  2. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I have had/still have Eden 2-15,2-10,4-10,1-18,Hartke 4-10,Mesa 2-15, P1000 (410+115),MusicMan 1-15,Acme B2,Sonic 1-18, and I now use a 70s plywood Ampeg 8-10 with new speakers, on stage. If you can haul it, Use it.
  3. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin

Punch is what you're gonna get from a wall of 10s in a sealed enclosure! I've been gigging mine for almost a year now in all types of venues and am constantly getting compliments about my sound. I never have PA support, so having the luxury of being able to get great, solid tone projected to the audience in all situations was the driving force for me to buy it. And of course because it's the sound I'm after.

Usually the problem most people have with this cab is they can't haul it. Do yourself a favor and keep a smaller cab on hand for practices, tiny venues, etc. I have an Avatar 212 that I use for these situations which works out pretty well.
  4. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    I used that cab 12 years ago in a gigging band, great sound but it is like hauling a refrigerator everywhere you play. My guitar players and drummer would literally disappear when it was time to load or unload my gear. We were all in our early 20's at the time and they still complained like a group of female dogs about helping me. Make sure you have a truck to haul it in and a very good and strong friend to help you load in and out.
  5. The best thing you can do is try it with your bass and your head and if you like it buy it... If you don't let me know and I'll buy it!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: