Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help buying first Double Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by jazzcatb17, Feb 22, 2003.

1. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    Howdy, Ive been playing electric bass for quite a while now and I really want to start playing upright. However, not having any experience playing a double bass, i really have no idea what im looking for in it. It would be greatly appreciated if any of you veterans out there could give me a bit of a clue on what to look for in a upright, maybe a decent one for around $700. I plan on playing jazz mainly and any help would be appreciated. thx.

2. Seppie

Seppie

Aug 14, 2002
    Austria, Vienna
    welcome to the dark side...

but at first check out the newbie sections!
    there´s alot of information regarding basses, lessons and so on...
    also...you should consider to take a teacher...he might help you alot during your first steps to the dark side of bass playin´!

gruesze sebastian

3. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    Hey Thanks for the link, didnt even see it when i first poked my head in here. Seems to be answering all my questions so far.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hey jazzcat, that makes three Louisvillians here at TB. Stop in on one of my gigs sometime and I'll tell you what little I know about picking up the doghouse after spanking the plank for years. Good luck finding the info you need, there's a lotta good stuff here.

DURRL