Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help! Buying new equipment

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blind bass 420, May 6, 2004.

1. Hey guys, this is my first time posting here, even though ive been reading these forums for well over a year.

Ok, here is my problem, I have about $700 to spend on a new rig. Ive been shopping around but nothing has really caught my attention. So hopefully you guys can guide in the right direction as to what to buy. I use a 5 string so the amp has to be able to handle low end without sacrificing the higher end. It also has to beable to hold its own in small to medium sized venues. If you need anymore information ill be glad to provide. Thanks in advance for the help.

Late,
    EJ

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    With $700 your better off looking for something used. As far as heads go I think the best value on the used market is the SWR SM-400S which you find for about $400. That leaves $300 for a cab which you should be able to find a very good one like a Eden for about that price.

3. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
  4. Thanks Im going to drop by Guitar Center today and jam on that setup and see how it goes.

Late
    EJ