Need help choosing a rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Ok, so I had my heart set on an SWR WM's fullstack (4004 head, 410, 115), but depending on the discount I can get from a pal who works at Guitar Center's corporate office or on what I can find used, I may only get the half stack (4004 head and 410). But, now that I have been looking for used rigs, I have been enticed by several Ampegs and Peaveys. I have found several used SWR rigs, but the same goes for Peavey and Ampeg. Now that I have confused myself, I was hoping to get some feedback on the SWR WM heads and cabs vs. Peavey Firebass head and their 410's vs. all Ampegs (that fit within my price range of appx. $1000-$1200). Also, if anyone out there has anything that I am looking for, and they are trying to sell it, send me PM or email w/ pictures (if possible). Thanks all!!! :bassist: (I finally got to use it!!!)
  2. Also, I own a Line6 Bass POD, so as you would know, I can basically create a tone that would suit me (alternative/rock/punk).
  3. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    First of all, seriously consider Avatar speakers. They are probably the best cabs for the money and the money you'll save will buy you high quality used head.
  4. Thanks for the reply. I have heard of Avatar, and greatly considered it in the past. They are definately in my list of considerations, but I wanted some feedback on the ones that I listed.
  5. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Have you tried doing a search on this forum? I'm sure there is probably a lot of info on this gear already.
  6. Yeah, but I get too much information at once, so I was just hoping to get some quick feedback since I will be making a purchase very soon.
  7. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Sansamp RBI - $300
    QSC RMX 850 - $300
    Grand Total - $1180 + shipping

I think that's your best bet as far as bang for buck. I own the Avatar B410 and a QSC and I'm really GASsin for the Sansamp, and I love the combination. The Avatar sounds great.
    Good Luck w/ your shopping.

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Nuttboy, consider going with a modified Workingman's Stack

4004 head
    2x10T cab
    1x15T cab

Works really great for me!:)