1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need help chosing a cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cliffburtonfan, May 10, 2010.

1. Hi all,

got hold of an Ashdown LG 1000w and am looking for a fairly well priced, good sounding, lightweight if possible 4 Ohm cab to run off it. Needs to be at least 500w.

I play mainly heavy rock so need something that allows me to cut through, and also it has to be available in the UK.

Was looking at the Markbass 104HF but its a little out of my price range, however if theres nothing that will match that I will save up and go for it.

anyone got any deas?

Thanks
    Jamie

2. Grobster1

Grobster1

Apr 12, 2010
    London (U.K.)
    I use to run two UL210 Epifani cabs with my previous amp which was an Eden WT800...It certainly cut through and these are available at the Bass Gallery in the U.K. albeit I shipped mine in from the USA via Van Gelder music (on ebay.com) these were the 4ohm variety and were superb!...I am a true Epiofani convert and now use the UL112's with my Epi 502 UL head.....Check them out!
    Good luck....Grobster

3. It's not lightweight but an Ashdown ABM414T would do the trick... Nothing like an all Ashdown stack :bassist: