1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Help: Could someone measure an L2000 / ASAT pickup for me?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by fu22ba55, Apr 17, 2009.

1. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I want to grab a set of them to put in my existing (non G&L) bass, and I want to make sure I can do so without routing.

What's the length and width of one?

Thanks for the help.

2. fu22ba55

Apr 16, 2009
    Thanks Huge.

That's huge. (he he.) I remember them being big, but I didn't think they were THAT big.

Wow.

3. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    Maybe that explains the huge sound :D

I am not aware of any non G&L factory route's that the MFD's will fit into. Some EMG's are pretty big but not as wide (vs long). The other thing that might put a hitch in things is the rounded corners on the G&L pickups. Remember too that these suckers are pretty deep. Depending on what they are replacing you may have to route deeper too.

What are they going into?

At least they would be easier to route than a music man pickup.

4. fu22ba55

Apr 16, 2009
    Building a warmoth bass from scratch, so if I don't go with one of their "factory" pup sizes, I'll have to have my luthier route anyway.

The EMG shape is tempting since nordstram makes a soapbar that fits the EMG35 shape.

Warmoth is pretty cool about stuff though... If I sent them the pickups (and enough people have asked for a specific shape), they may start offering that routing shape, if it's not too oddball.

--

I may put them in my RD Artist too... but i'd definitely have to route that, and I don't feel good about doing that.

--

Thanks for measuring the MFDs. I love the sound of them.