Need help creating a pedal board!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I want to create a pedal board but I am not sure on how to go about powering them. I was wondering if when you buy a pedal board do all the peadl plug into on main device that plugs into a outlet or does each effect have to be pluged in its own outlet?

and any other suggestions or tips on making a pedal board would be appreciated

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The cleanest power solution it to get something that will power most, or all of your pedals, with only one power cord.

I use the Godlyke Powerall.

This powers up to twenty effects, as long as they are nine volt. Which covers about 90% of pedals on the market.
  3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    you need a power supply, some powered pedal boards come with it included. Or you can buy a power supply seperate. I 'm looking gor a good one too. Right now I only use 2 effects, but I'm going to get more. Too many batteries = too many variables that can go wrong live.
  4. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    In the process of putting my board together.
    Hey that's a pretty cheap solution! I just went to home depot this weekend and had them cut down a piece of board, And lots of dual sided velcro stickies..

I was going to get a voodoo power block but those are ridiculously overpriced, 180.00!! i could almost buy a new powered pedal board for that.
  5. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Oh yes, anyone know of some sort of stripping that i could use to wrap around the the edge of a wooden plank.

I hate splinters :smug:
  6. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    +1 million volts!!!

Yeah... I love the power-all... The other great feature is that it doesn't take up space on your board, unlike some of the other Power supplies on the market (MXR's Brick, VooDoo Labs power thingy)
  7. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2

I have a pedal board from Showcase Custom Cases out of Nashville.I was able to put my Pedal Power in a compartment under the footboard itself.I drilled holes for the power cords,and installed an IEC jack on the top of the board to plug a power cable into.It worked out great,very clean with no cables cluttering it up!

8. Dell

Apr 7, 2005
    My velcro coverd shelf doesnt have a power distribution section :)

Power leads would just be another hazard to The Feet. Im battery all the way.
  9. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    when attaching all the pedals in my amp does it amtter which one goes directly into the amp?
  10. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    You mean the order? No. It does affect the sound, but doesn't matter- they all should still work.

If you get a Boss TU-2 tuner or Boss LS1 (?) Line Selector, they can power just about as many Boss or similar 9V pedals with just an extension Boss power cord. You just use one 9V plug in, power up the tuner or selector, and plug in the rest of the pedals w/ the extension, and you're good to go.

That's what I do. I power 3 Boss pedals, 1 Ibanez and 1 Loooper with my 1 tuner.

I have a custom board from NYC Pedalboards. Best on the market, IMO. Infinitely customizable. Not very expensive either, but top-notch quality. I can't wait to get more pedals so I can buy another!! ;)