1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help deciding new amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mutiny519, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Mutiny519

Mutiny519

Aug 31, 2008
    So its time i get a professional amp. I'm in a hardcore band, so its going to need to be loud, but not too crunchy, i like it to be clean. Ive only been playing bass for a couple months, so i really dont know what to be looking for.
    I found this 8x10 cab that looks nice [http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gallien...0-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet-103943676-i1169238.gc]
    But im not sure about a head that would go with it.
    Ive got about 1200 dollars to spend, give or take. If anyone could suggest a nice head for a reasonable price, or a different cab, because im not sure really what im getting. Any help is appreciated.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    By the sounds of it, you want either an amp with 2 channels, clean/distorted, or an amp and an overdrive pedal. You really have to play some to see what you like, I could list a dozen, but that's been done to death. Just go have fun and play some amps.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Look at Traynor Dynabass amps. The 400 and 800 are great, have loads of power and will give you a wide variety of sounds. They can get really loud.