Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help deciding what to get!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcburn, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Hey guys.Have just sold my Warwick Thumb NT 6 to move to a five string and cant decide on what to buy.The three models I am looking at are;
    1 Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 string
    2 Spector NS5CRFM
    3 Yamaha TRB 5P.
    The first thing to consider is I am primarily a rock bassist and like to wear my bass fairly low ala Flea/Newsted.I play mostly fingerstyle but also pickstyle for very fast stuff.
    When deciding I realize all these basses are heavy - thats fine I like heavy basses.The first thing I would like to know is how well are these basses weighted?I like necks to sit up a little and not to neck dive.
    The next is obviously sound although Im sure all of these bass can handle their own!
    Then thirdly string spacing - I like wide string spacing and the Spectors obviously have narrow spacing but do you people consider them better basses.
    The last thing is I just worry at how the Warwick finish could withstand the beating it will get from my picks and sweat!
    Any info is greatly appreciated,Thanx.