Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help deciding which warwick to buy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassTerd, Jul 23, 2005.

1. BassTerd

BassTerd Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm on the market for a new bass. I already own a warwick corvette. Its been really good to me. I just want to upgrade. I play a lot of Neo-Soul/R&B, hip-hop and gospel music. So I need something that I can slap silly and will sound great when I'm palm muting and fingering. It also needs to have a nice growl. I plan on sticking with the warwick brand for my own reasons. Any suggestions?
    thanks

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    how about a streamer stage II 5? i know someone who is selling one :D

3. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Easy, you want a Warwick Streamer Stage I.

4. I'd got for the Thumb or the Dolphin. I'm not in awe of the bolt on Thumb, but the bolt on Dolphin I really liked.

Take care

5. I had a Warwick thumb bolt on which for the money was excellent. :bassist:

6. I had a Thumb BO 4- it slapped GREAT. I went through well over a dozen 5s & one 6 trying to find one that even compared, to no avail. I have trouble slapping a 5 or 6 w/less than 3/4"(19mm)spacing at the bridge. Some people can slap tight basses; not me. Just something to consider.

7. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    That is why the Streamer Stage I 5-string. It has 20mm spacing standard, very comfy. I don't play gospel, but mine is one funky bass. Just check our Jamiroquai (Stuart Zender) to get an idea of the tone.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

My favorite out of the line is the Infinity LTD 2000 , i personaly think their the best bass Warwick put out. They have loads of growl and strong mids.

9. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    you cant go wrong with a thumb NT,but thats just me.

10. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    2005 Hot Rod Limited.

11. BassTerd

BassTerd Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Well i've tried out the Infiniti, streamer and the thumb. I'm not exactly impressed with either of them. I tried them out at guitar center in hollywood and they were a little beat up. Some had problems with the electronics. And all The strings were really dead and felt like crap so it was hard to judge what it would sound like. I hate guitar center. Maybe I should buy 1 at a time and try them out until i find one i like.
    I plan on getting a 6 string. Thats what I use right now. I'm also kind of used to slapping on a narrow neck so that shouldn't be to much of an issue.