1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEED HELP!!! EDEN METRO HEAD AMP!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mcmon002, Nov 25, 2017.

1. hi guys, i really need help with my amp. Im having odd static/scratchy sound coming from my speakers. Pulled it out and see some burnt resistor inside.
    I went to a tech and was told that the resistor is not the problem. But instead something else. It just caused the resistor to overheat. Im the second owner of the amp. Will post videos and pics later. IMG_20171121_211642. IMG_20171121_211609.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Attached Files:

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Your tech is right, the resistor is almost certainly not the problem.

You might have the best success finding a tech that serviced these amps under warranty when they were a current product.

BassmanPaul and ddnidd1 like this.
  3. As mentioned above your best bet is to find a service facility that did warranty work for Eden.

Eden was very restrictive with their schematics.

It's not necessary to post images. Just take it to the appropriate tech.

4. Do not bother.
    With burned up parts we will not be able to do anymore over the internet. It needs to go to a repair technician and hooked up to test equipment, not just a parts swap.

Except one more piece of advice,
    DO NOT TURN IT ON ANYMORE.
    YOU WILL ONLY CAUSE MORE DAMAGE AND A HIGHER REPAIR BILL. :(

BassmanPaul likes this.

5. Thanks a lot for quick reply!!! Ill send it off to a tech then.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  6. IF you keep digging in this thing, and looking for internet help, and you're not a tech:

1) It WILL make a great YouTube video, what with the flash and that big smoke ring heading for the ceiling, I'll keep an eye on the 'Amp Fails' category.

Actually, I can save you some time: I owned one of these lumps, built during the take over by LOUD Technologies and DN's exit. It was a steaming pile that never worked right, and I'm in Nashville with no shortage of qualified techs and an EDEN factory repair station. Get it running and palm it off (probably at a loss) to some hapless Eden fan on Craigslist. You can thank me later.

7. I've got one from the late '90s when Eden was Eden and its an absolutely killer amp.

mcmon002 likes this.
  8. I like so much! The tech said, if we cant fix the power section. We can still salvage the preamp. Just hook up a preamp output and get a separate power amp.