Need Help FAST--Items on Ebay!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ckulasekere, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Hi. I had a quick question. I have been looking for a nice 5 string bass to replace my ibanez btb405. I can't spend more than about $900 at this time. I am fairly new bass player so I figured that is a good amount for a very decent 5 string to compliment my Marcus Miller. There are two basses listed currently on ebay that caught my attention and fit my budget. One is a 1993 StingRay 5 and the other is a Yamaha TRB5II. If there are any of you out there that could help me fast I would really really appreciate it since they are auctions and might not be around my longer. Also if you know of something else that might be better that I have overlooked I would appreciate all and any advice. You guys have been awesome to me in the past and i beg of you to work you magic once again. thanks in advance.
  2. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Man that Stingray looks hot!
    They both look like nice basses but I really like that Stingray!
    He's also got 160 ratings, all positive for 100%.

I'm considering a used Sterling right now for quite a bit more than that!
  3. yeah, i thought that both of those would be great deals, but especially the SR. I really do like the sound I get with it, but I wnate dot make sure the that yamaha wasn't a superior instrument before I purchased. I have played the new yamaha 1006 or whatever its called and did not like it at all, but then I've heard from a number of sources that the old trb5 and trb5II were much superior in construction and everything
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sr5 will be a good choice.
  5. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I´d go with the SR 5 all the way.
  6. thanks for the responses, keep them coming if there are more. anybody play these side by side, or own a trb in its defense?
  7. I love BTB's, but i also love the stingray sound, so i'd say the SR if you have to drop the btb :p
  8. SR5!!!!!!!!
    Yamaha?....I thought they made motorcycles. :D