Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need help fast

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jon Burnet, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    any of you guys familiar with the bag end 2x12? kinda turned off by the fact it says it rolls of at 50hz. then again so do the 10's and they handle a b excellent... then again so do the 15's and the sound like poo.????

HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If this is for the Epi, I'd say you're doing yourself a disservice. They aren't so hot. I got to play through one (can't remember if it was a redeye or not), and was pretty unimpresses. Thin sounding to me. But I'm used to the meat of my Eden gear, so take that as you may.

OTOH, if the Epi is already gone, it's not a bad cab. I wish I coulda A/Bed it with my HD212, but such is the way of things.

3. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i think i am gonna swing south on this one... for some reason i think i will end up kicking myself for getting rid of the epi.

damn needing money

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Blood, sperm, hair: you got it, they'll buy it.

5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    now to find an unsuspecting victim....

bwahahahahahahaha;)

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well jeez i can't think of a better stand alone cab than an epi 212 (imho)
    that said, bagend 12's are unusual animals
    a 212 will give you more low end than a 112 (not based on specs, just that you move more air and get an apparent increase in low end)
    i use a bagend 112 and a 115 (both the small cabs) and they sound superb together
    both are quite punchy and sound better the more watts you throw at them (i use a stewart 2.1 to hit both with 450 watts)
    the 115 is actually a wonderful stand alone cab and really loves the abuse
    i use the 112 with it because that cab has a very impressive midrange cut and allows me to be heard over a stack with no problem
    if i had to chose i'd probably go with an epifani 212 as it just sounds beefier and handles a lot more watts
    i never tried the old epi side by side cab, i've only used the newer offset model
    but i really can't say anything bad about bagend at all