Need help figuring out the Source Audio Aftershock pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andbaggio, Dec 22, 2019.

1. andbaggio

andbaggio

Dec 16, 2011
    Treviso, Italy
    So I have this incredible pedal which I really love, but can't quite figure it out completely.

I read that you can actually have 6 presets stored at once. 3 for the GREEN led and 3 for the RED led. I know how to change from the green to the red and I understood that the RED led presets are not fixed meaning that if you turn the knobs nothing changes and the GREEN led presets instead can be changed with the knobs whenever you want.

Is that true? So I could actually have 3 presets that I set using the app or software and store them on the pedal and just be able to recall them whenever and I don't have to worry about the knobs. Is that really true? That would be just awesome now that I know. I could set my 3 favorite presets there and other 3 that I would like to experiment with on the GREEN led presets.

Let me know if I understood correctly. Thanks

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    That's not *quite* right. Here's my understanding of how they work.

Red presets recall all parameters independent of where the knobs are. So, for example, if your presets has a 50/50 clean/driven mix, it will recall the mix as 50/50 even if the knob is not at noon. However, if you move the knob it WILL change the value.

Green presets recall presets with the knobs affecting the relevant parameters. So if you take that same preset above (that has a 50/50 mix) but make it a green preset, if your mix knob is set to 100% clean when you load the preset, it will load as 100% clean. Again, if you move the knob the value will change.

In short, it's about whether or not the knobs matter when you FIRST load the preset, but in both cases you can move the knobs to adjust the values.

LowActionHero and grillman like this.
  3. andbaggio

andbaggio

Dec 16, 2011
    Treviso, Italy
    Ok, that makes sense. Now I would like to understand on the software where do I save the presets for the RED led and for the GREEN led so that I know which ones are which???

4. Gibs210

Gibs210 Commercial User

Aug 31, 2019
    Part time Tech Support for Source Audio effects
    only thing to add to @Adamixoye comments are that while you can change settings in red mode, they will go back to their previous saved state upon bypass and re-engagement of the preset. Also, green mode saves all backpage settings like red mode, the 4 physical knob positions on the pedal will override the settings when loading those presets.

you will need to use the app to burn the presets to the toggle positions. Essentially overwriting the stock settings for the toggle switch. You can change the engines from their default as well. So the toggle switch will hold your 6 presets (3 per LED color).

LowActionHero likes this.
  5. Ekajimmy

Ekajimmy Inactive

Nov 2, 2019
    +1
    [​IMG]

6. andbaggio

andbaggio

Dec 16, 2011
    Treviso, Italy
    ok but how do I know where it's saving my presets? how do I know that it's the green led or the red led?

7. Gibs210

Gibs210 Commercial User

Aug 31, 2019
    That’s why you need the editor to burn it. Once you’ve built your preset, hit the burn button, and it will give 6 options where to burn to. (Toggle switches left, center, and right normal/green and preset/red).

8. brocket

brocket

Sep 12, 2017
    Coastal NC
    Green is Normal mode, Red is Preset mode.

Attached Files:

mcnach likes this.
  9. andbaggio

andbaggio

Dec 16, 2011
    Treviso, Italy
    This is if you're using the APP on the phone right? I usually use the software on the pc. I guess I'll try using the app. thanks

10. Gibs210

Gibs210 Commercial User

Aug 31, 2019
    Works on PC as well, you just hit the save as button and select which slot you want to save to.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022