Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help finding 36.5" Low B

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by vapochilled, Jul 9, 2005.

1. I've been looking around for new strings. But my 5 string Rock Bass Corvette requires a 36.5" Low B all others strings can be 37" But not many manufacturers list length. I have seen that Ken Smith has 36.5" Low B strings. Which can be added to a 4 string set.

But I would like to know what all my options are. If you know of other manufacturers, that have sets, or low b add-ons in 36.5" Please list them here. Guitar center told me all they had were 37" and 38" And they could call Warwick. But we both figured all they would do is recommend their label strings.

Please note all measurements are ball to taper and / or threads. Thank you very much.

-Vapo

2. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Strings....are sold by "Scale length"

Everything I could find...and there was a bunch of it on google... shows a 5 string Warwick Rock bass Corvette as being a "scale length" of 34"

That is the "standard" length string. EVERYBODY makes 'em.

3. MikeM

MikeM

Apr 21, 2004
    Edmonton
    My bass also needs a 36.5" B string. Right now I am using a DR lowrider that is too long the windings are right around the tuner. Some strings i have tried break when I do that.

4. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Strings are sold by how the Manufacturer markets them. Scale length means nothing because or various tail pieces, string thru body and head stock design. The only way to pick the right length is Ball to silk aka winding length. I started a Poll awhile back to see what was needed most as well as to educate Bassists about this point.

5. Thank you for the replies. (all of you) The warwick rock bass basic 5 string does require 36.5" even with it's 34" scale length. Well atleast with the factory bridge. All the brands of strings I can aquire locally are to long. Is there a list of certified online retailers or links to online retailers of your products. I don't believe there is a retailer near me.

6. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
  7. thanks again. I'll be sure to order the proper fit.