Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help finding a bass for me...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groovebox, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Groovebox

Groovebox

Jan 8, 2005
    Hey. First, thanks to anyone whose reading this. I realize these threads are a bit lame and aren't exactly interesting reads, so thanks for attempthing to help me out. Anyway, the specifications for the bass I'm looking for aren't all that numerous, it just comes down to a few things. I would like a bass that sounds, looks, and feels like a Fender Jazz, or very similar to one, except I would like 24 frets.

I realize I can get a warmoth neck that has 24 frets, but the cutaway of a Fender Jazz would not be suited to allowing me to use all of the frets, which is important to me, although even only being able to reach up to the 22nd fret would be alright too. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm willing to spend up to 800 or 900 dollars, but any suggestions a bit above or below that would be cool too. I'm obviosuly not looking for a bass that performs just like a really high end Fender Jazz and that fits this price range, so now that I've mentioned that you can't point that flaw out in my wording :). Thanks a bunch guys, keep bassing it up!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would suggest perhaps the Ibanez BTB series. Dual pickups can give you the sound variety, to help achieve a jazz like tone. The full size body is like a jazz so that will feel familiar in that sense, and the necks arent that different i suppose. The BTB1000 would be what you;'d want to shoot for, you can get it used for in your price range.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'd actually recommend a Warwick Corvette. Dual J pickups, (fatter neck), 24 frets, exotic woods, and you can find one used for 600-800.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I was going to suggest that but i thought the body and neck would feel too different.