Need help finding a gigging amp - orange?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Volczy, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Volczy

Volczy

Nov 25, 2020
    Hey there, I was hoping to get some help on finding a great new gigging amp. It’ll be almost exclusively used for gigs, but I may use it at home time to time.

- Portability is a big factor. Couldnt deal with a VOX AC30 as a guitarist, so under 30kgs is a must!
    - Happy to spend up to around $1,500 AUD as long as I have a solid rig. Combo is preferable but if theres a light head and cab combo I’m keen!
    - Small/medium venues 100-1000 cap.
    - Originals, indie/pop/rock. Based in Australia so choices are somewhat limited.
    - Use a P Bass, always picked

I still like the dark cleans of the Orange amps, but they hit budget close. The Little Bass Thing seems gnarly and so does the Crush 100 (easier on the wallet too), anyone tried one?

Appreciate your help!

2. Welcome to TB.

Are you expecting PA support everywhere you go? A 100w combo is not covering too many rock gigs by itself. Guitar watts are different to bass watts. ( The watts are the same but the effective loudness is much less per bass watt )

You should be looking for a used bargain not new stuff.

Pulverizor likes this.
  3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    You will get lots of opinions here on TB; everyone has their favorites. Best thing to do is take your bass to a music store and try out as many bass heads as you can, then start to eliminate as far as your wants and needs go. Good luck and Welcome !

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022