Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help finding a special kind of CD case

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    My g/f has this CD case that I have never seen before and I'm trying to find another one. I'm going to describe it as best as I can, and I'm hoping somebody here will tell me where I can get one, hopefully online.

The case itself is perfectly round and has a latch at the top and at the bottom. When you open the latch, the case opens out and reveals about 10 or 15 divided compartments that you just drop the CD's into. You don't have to slide them into a plastic sleeve or pop them onto a little thing to hold them on, you just drop them in. One guy I asked about them described it as kind of "accordian style" and that is sorta what it is....the dividers (feels to me like the same sort of black stuff that the back of the CD Wallets that you slide into the plastic) fold together when you close the wallet.

Anybody ever seen one like this? I'm trying to find a couple of them for her because the one she has is broke and she really likes it.

2. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
  3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Last bump and I'll let 'er die...

I'm just really hoping somebody has seen one of these things.

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Hmmm....I love it when I'm the only one that replies to the threads I started :p :D

I just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm not crazy and I found what I'm looking for. I examined the one she has now (without her knowing;) ) and found the brand "discgear" on it, so I did a search and, voila!

http://www.discgear.com

These things are really nifty.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Looks very cool! Which one is it, the Discus?

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    It is the discus.

It says they only hold 20, but they can hold somewhere around 30 or 35 because you can put 2 CD's into the same slot with the labels facing each other, but you can't do it with every slot or the thing won't close!

7. Hey, I have that same CD holder. It's pretty nifty. It holds alot for being so small.

My mom found it for me at her job at the airport. It was at the lost and found for a while or something, and she picked it up for me. When I opened it, it had G Love and The Special Sauce's CD, Okeh. Great find!