1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help finding a Tungsten Carbide Ring...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Beav, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    My fiancée wants to get me a Tungsten ring for my wedding band and I want something that's proving to be quite difficult to find. I want a wide black Tungsten ring. The only place I've found what I want is at "Forever Metals." It's the KANA 13mm. I have no experience with them and are hesitant to buy something like this from a place I've never heard of.

So far I've checked - Zales, Jared, Carlyle, and some other local shops. It seems the largest anyone can find is 10mm.

If anyone can find a reputable place that sells what I'm looking for I'll Photoshop any bass you wanna see (incentive maybe?)

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    6mm FTL :(

3. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
  4. I can hook you up, no problemo. I work at a tooling manufacturer that makes high precision carbide tooling AND I also have a buddy of mine who has a small shop that makes custom jewelry downtown. I'll get a hold of him this weekend and see if he's equiped to work with carbide at the moment. I'll get back to you.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You want one that wide? That would pinch my finger while playing bass
    I like my thinner wedding ring... Man, those 13mm ones are hard to find!

Man, Todd, that is cool of you!

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    I have long fingers and I'm accustomed to playing with a wide ring on that finger. I'm more worried about it being too heavy ;)

7. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Also, anything above 10mm is fine. The 13 was just something that peaked my interest.

Todd, please PM me with any info. I'd really appreciate it!

8. Hi, Beav.

Being a hopelessly DIY and alternative methods kinda guy myself, there might be an alternative.

If there's a grinding shop nearby, they might be able to grind one from the shaft of a scrap large diameter milling bit. They most likely will be able to color it to the way You like it too.

Just a thought.
    Sam

9. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Just be aware that T/C rings are brittle and prone to chipping and cracking.

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I would say it's possible for them to crack, but not that they're prone. You have to hit them just right to get them to go.

That was one of the selling points for me. In one of those emergency situations (that will probably never come up), they can get a TC ring off of your hand much, much easier than titanium, which was the other metal I was looking at for my ring. Of course gold they can cut off with some crayola safety scissors.

You can't scratch a TC ring though, which is nice. I've tried. ;)

If you find yourself at a loss, Beav, let me know and I'll find the info on my ring. The company I ordered from has a lifetime replacement plan in case you need a resizing, etc, etc. I'm sure you can find a dealer near you that carries them.

11. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    No need to be hesitant. They have a 10 day return policy with no restocking fee. I don't see much of a risk there. If that's the ring you're looking for, I'd give it a shot.