1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help finding case for my bass fast.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by almix12, Sep 7, 2008.

1. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    Hi there, so I sort of lost interest in looking for a case for my hollow body 60s or 70s conrad bass some time ago but now i'm going to need to move it a lot, soon. I'm truly sorry for the bad quality of the picture. The dimensions are:
    17" from the widest part on the bottom across
    9.5" from the thinnest part of the body across
    12" widest part of cutaways (top of body)
    45" from top to bottom straight down the middle.
    or you can look at this horrible representation of it:

2. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    i know gibson had a hollow body bass.. and i think ibanez still does, would those fit mine?

3. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    any ideas here guys?

4. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Check Gator and SKB's websites. I believe they give dimensions for each of their cases.

5. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    hm, nothing for hollowbodies though

6. Do you need a hard case? There are a few bags that will fit that bass (try the red Roadrunner bag) but few hardshells. I have an Alembic with a similar shape but a longer neck, and I'm having a terrible time finding a decent hardshell for short money.

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Whats your budget? I know Anvil makes custom cases

8. I just measured my Ibanez ASB140.

Came out to 48" long, 11 1/2" cutaway, 9 1/2" waist, and 15 1'2" lower bout.

It's pretty close, but I don't have the hard case for it, so I don't know if it would work for your bass. They're usually made to fit pretty snugly.

9. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    thanks a lot for the dimensions.
    Yes an anvil would be nice, budget probaby $130ish though so yeah... i figure ill try and swing an ibanez

10. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    oh that 15½ at lowest bout though
    ... i REALLY hope that's not an issue

11. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    mind you... i did use an online ruler:smug::meh: that was a foot long...:smug:
    and used it as reference with a mouse cord.... i should really find a tape measure

12. eotpr

eotpr

Jun 25, 2007
  13. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    Still no luck, I tried everything. Does anyone have a different artcore that they could measure? Because i believe there are 2 versions with 2 separate cases.
    thanks,
    alex