need help finding mars music near me: deal on GK 4x10RBH cab- advice?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChenNuts44, Dec 17, 2002.

1. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Here's my deal:

I've recently heard of a 4x10RBH cab going for $450 @ Mars Music, which is half of what they're normally sold for (to the extent of my knowledge). I'm confident that I can pick one up at or slightly below that cost. I live in Davenport, Iowa and go to Iowa State University in Ames. I could really use some help in tracking down a location around here (it's worth the drive if it's a bit far). If you guys (and girls) know of any other store/location that's blowing out RBH cabs, be it because of bad business or because of the anticipation of new GK gear on the way, please send the info my way. I've landed one heck of a deal on an RBH cab (1x15), but I need something to pair it with because I can't rewire my Peavey 4x10TVX to and 8-ohm load. Thats my situation in a nutshell. Any help and/or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks...

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I believe Mars filed Chapter 11 and liquidated all of their assets. I don't believe you'll find a Mars.
  3. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I wasn't aware that the process had been finished. Thanks for replying...
  4. chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    They totally closed up here in Toledo about 2 weeks ago. From what they told me, they shipped all the new, in-box stuff to the larger stores. They mentioned Indianapolis being one. I waited till they went to 50% off. I got a new Knilling upright for $950. I found a used one on the net a few days later for $500 more! Yeah!