1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need help finding part

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MarkMyWordsXx, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. MarkMyWordsXx


    May 17, 2006
    so i got a set of tuners, but overlooked the fact that i need ferrules for the front. idk where to get them by themselves.

    the only ones i can find are for the back of a string through bridge.

    maybe im using the wrong term, thats what the fella at the music store called them.

    in case its wrong, im looking for the front covering piece to go over the tuning pegs. sometimes there a washer and a nut.

    soooo any help here? the holes are a pinch smaller then a dime if that helps you out at all
  2. RBrownBass

    RBrownBass Supporting Member

    Aug 22, 2004
    You may have to buy another set of tuners to get them- I'm not aware of anyone selling the ferrules (usually this term refers to the part that the string balls sit in with a thru-body setup) by themselves. What kind of bass do you have? Hipshot may be able to help you out. Shoot them an email.
  3. lowbass68


    Feb 3, 2008
    What kind of tuners? Most traditional Fender/Schaller open gear tuners use press fit bushings. The common mini tuners usually use a brushing that slides over the string post and screws to the bass of the tuner housing.

    If you need bushings for Fender/Schaller open gear tuners, Allparts sells those in the link below (part # TK_0799-001):


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.