Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help for Wiring Alembic Electronic

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Antibody, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Hi there

I bought a activator pu set p/j via ebay (i am a student in europe and can´t afford new instruments) including an active eletronic consisting of 3 pots.
    Sadly the guy i bought it from cutted of some cabels and i dont know where to solder them on.
    The pot, i thnik its the active tone pot where no pu is directly connected and with the biggest plate has (besides the grey shielded cable from the pu pots) a blue a black and a red/white cable
    The red/white and the black cable are lose can you tell me where i have to solder them?
    And the Input jack seems the miss one cable since there are 4 soldering points but only 3 actually soldered.
    There is a black calbe in the corner that is cut off to a 45° corner then 1 soldering point without cable then one soldering point with a red/white cable and 1 soldering point with a violet cable.
    1 more question the guy a bought from wrote on the jack 12V supply.
    Do i realy need to supply the electronics with a 12V battery?
    Or can i find wiring schematics anywhere?

So long
    Antibody

p.s. Sorry for my english its nearly 10 years since i was in elemetary school were i learned it a little

2. tulpi1331

tulpi1331

Oct 13, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Hi,

I happen to have a few of these electronics (just the preamp and filters) which I connected to different basses. I could not find schematics for these anywhere on the net, but measuring them was easy enough ;-) Activators, I suppose, are a little different from the Signature and Essence things I have. So I think it would be best to exchange pictures via E-Mail. I have good quality pics of all of my electronic projects, but I can also draw a schematic for you if that helps. For this, I should have some pics of your electronics for reference. My E-Mail is: mrweirdo@web.de

-- Markus

PS: Du kannst auch gerne in Deutsch antworten...
    PPS: DO NOT supply these with 12V!!! They need 9V.