1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help from any Ernie Ball forum member!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringgirl, May 30, 2016.

1. I can't get a confirmation email so I can't post over there. I've sent two emails and no reply. I get a 404 error message when I try to resend the confirmation email.

All I wanted to do is get a DOB and where my SUB bass was shipped to. I probably won't ever post over there, it's a pretty dead scene compared to here.

If anyone wants to give me a hand that would be fantastic!

2. Post your info here or PM me and I will post it over there for you. The same thing happened to me by the way when I tried to change my email. I gave up and just kept using my old email.

3. Cool, thank you! I'm at work right now. I'll get you the info this evening.

4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Why don't you just email EBMM customer service then?

DiabolusInMusic and Jeff Scott like this.
  5. Excellent point. I completely forgot about that. You can call or email them with the serial number and get the info that way much faster.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

As somebody that does have an account there, you probably don't want one. If you want to see what I am referring to once you get an account try making the slightest hint that Ernie Ball products may potentially have some room for improvement. They may ban your account over such a post and I an not joking.

I also think e-mail is the better answer anyway, that is how I dated my Ray.

99Z3 and fourstringgirl like this.
  7. They haven't responded to either of my email inquiries so far.

8. I sent them the serial number.....we'll see what happens!

9. Geri O

Geri O Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    Also, musicmanbass.org has serial numbers connected to DOB for Music Man basses, as well as other cool info, too. I've found them to be accurate. I just wish the site would be updated by the owner. It's been a few years. But it's an interesting site, nonetheless.

fourstringgirl and blindrabbit like this.
  10. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Calling is always the best way to contact them. I asked for information on several products last year and never heard back. So I tried calling. My email address was being picked up as spam and wasn't being filtered through their system. Yeah, it took a few minutes longer to do by phone, but they were quick to answer and fun to talk with.

fourstringgirl and 99Z3 like this.
  11. Duly noted! I'll give them a few more days since the weekend was a holiday. Thanks!:thumbsup:

12. I checked in over there to have a look. Best I can tell, my SUB was built in May of 2003. Judging by all the numbers that were there. It appears that the SUBs were numbered in order. Mine is X00427.

Thanks for the help!

Geri O likes this.
  13. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Usually, the cheap and dirty way of finding the roundabout production period is to unscrew and look under the control pots. The workers usually puts a sticker or writes the date for that run.

fourstringgirl likes this.
  14. Hey Fourstringgirl did you get a response from EBMM Customer Services? Their forum appears to be working normally now also.

fourstringgirl likes this.
  15. That crossed my mind! :D

16. Actually yes! They responded to my email about the bass. No answer to my emails about the forum.

Bass was finished on May 14, 2003 and shipped out to Guitar Center in Brownsburg, Indiana. It's been taken care of, very few blemishes. Neck is pretty good, could maybe use a pinch of relief.

Caca de Kick likes this.