Need help from Atlanta or Jacksonville Talkbassers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Dec 12, 2001.

1. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    OK, here's the deal. I am looking to sell an upright bass I have. I have found a potential buyer out in Arizona. He wants to play the bass before buying it, which I understand. He is willing to pay to have it shipped out to him for a going over, so I would like to do that for him.

I have been on the phone trying to find some music store in Atlanta or Jacksonville that would have a Double Bass flight case that I could rent from them to ship this monstrosity out there, and then have the case shipped back afterwards. So far I have had no luck. So, if anyone knows a store that could help me with this, or has any other suggestions on how to transport this bass short of buying two plane tickets and flying it out there, :) PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    You may want to try posting this downstairs on the DB board(sometimes referred to as"Castle DB").Youll probably get more responses there.

Good luck:cool:
  3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Castle DB? Hehe...I'm going to call it "The Fortress" from now on.
  4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    You might consider a more standard packing method... When I bought my Strunal, it was shipped from NJ in a large cardboard packing box, padded really well. The trick was, they sent it via a truck freight line...they seem to take better care of the things. You might contact a freight line in your area to see if they have a terminal near your buyer in AZ and to get rates.

There's a DB luthier in Atlanta named Tom Thoreson...his phone number is (770) 973-9845. He's done some nice work for me, and he also sells some entry-level laminated instruments. My point is that he may have some shipping cartons available or help you with this problem in general. He's a nice guy, too.