1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help from recording techies re signal levels

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by submelodic, Apr 3, 2002.

  1. submelodic


    Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    I want to playback recorded tracks through an amp and re-record them to a new track by miking the cabinet. The original tracks were recorded using a passive DI box. I can configure the ouput of the soundcard to be -10, 0, or +4dB. I also have a -15dB pad on the amp input.

    What is the most effective way to convert the level of the playback signal to instrument level suitable for an amp? Should I use a DI box in "reverse"?
  2. submelodic


    Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Anybody? I know this is a technique sometimes used in studios...
  3. Oysterman


    Mar 30, 2000
    I've never quite understood the "matching gain levels" thing. Try the "Recording Techniques" forum on www.homerecording.com/bbs - there are a couple of guys there who are deep into this stuff.
  4. JMX

    JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

    Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. submelodic


    Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for the help!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.