Need help from those in the know EMG PJ HZ VS Seymour Duncan APJ Pro VS Seymour Duncan QP

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kev451, Dec 29, 2020.

1. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    :bassist:Hello TB Fam, I hope all were able to enjoy their Christmas with family and or friends.
    I need help and a bit of guidance. I purchased a Fender 2012 American Special bass. Normally they come in Pbass configuration, but I had a Jpup routed.
    Now I had a standard set of Active EMG pups. They sound rather bland not bad just bland.
    I was considering changing them to a set of EMG PJHZ a set of Seymour Duncan QP or set of Seymour Duncan APJ Pro pickups. I have a Fender RW Pbass which I had a 70s Fender vintage J pickup routed out and that bass sounds flat out AMAZING. The American Special would be my backup bass. I play hardcore punk and rock. I use a pick, if this helps. So I’d like to get a higher range Punchy sound with warm lows. If anyone has Expieriences with these pickups please drop your comments and or reviews ! Have a great day and am awesome evening!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2021