Need help from wiring/pickup gurus

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jaye, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Hey guys here is my situation I have two Carvin basses and while I enjoy the tone it is not quite what I want. I was very happy with the Barts that were in my Pedulla so I am probably going to go that direction again.

The Carvins currently have the following:

Jazz in the neck, Musicman Bucker in the bridge, Piezo bridge saddles, 2 9 volt batteries.
    Master Volume with push pull active/passive
    Blend for neck/bridge pups
    Blend for mags/piezos
    Coil Splitter for the MM

Single Musicman Humbucker in the bridge, Piezo bridge saddles, 2 9v batteries
    Master Volume with push pull active/passive
    Blend knob working between the two coils of the MM
    Blend for MM and piezo
    Phase Switch

What I would like to do is add Bartolini Dual Coil MM buckers to each bass, keep the piezo in tact and change the controls to be Magnetic Volume (preferably push pull active/passive not sure if Barts allow for that though), Piezo Volume, 3-way switch for the MM to allow for rear coil/both/neck coil operation. The 3 band EQ is negotiable I never use it so I will leave it off if the Barts can run correctly without it, if not then I would also need Bass, Mid, Treble.

Hopefully all that made sense. Does anyone have any comments on how possible this setup would be and how I would go about wiring it up?