1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help getting this particular synth sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lebowsky, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    I play in a duo with a guitarist (drums in a drum machine) and we want to do this New Model Army cover. I'd like not to have to bring a synth just for this one track, so any suggestions on effects that may be able to get me this sound (or close enough, we're not that picky) would be appreciated!

You Weren't There:

only the sound that starts with the sound, not the organ one in the middle (well if thats possible why not, but let's not exagerate either :))

I got a bunch of pedals (EHX mico synth, etc) I only used to half their potential due to a lack of time and circumstances, so maybe I already got the tools I need. I completed my profile just in case..

thanks in advance!

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    It's an organ. The closest you're going to get with pedals is probably the EHX POG. Maybe with a subtle amount of a Leslie emulator like a Dunlop Rotovibe to make it a bit more convincing.

3. Lebowsky

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    dang, thats quite a few hundred dollars to spend for a sound I probably won't need otherwise... although... :bag:

any other suggestion before I spend money stupidly? :ninja:

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Play chords into a chorus? Again a leslie emulator would probably help, there are probably cheaper options around - I've never been shopping for one myself.

5. Lebowsky

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    theres a temporary good deal on a nearby shop on the rotovibe, I'm temped.. on the other hand, it's my b-day today, I'm allowed to spend lots of money :D

I'll try in the next evenings with what I have at home, otherwise I'll go with the rotovibe option, it's not that expensive (unlike the pog :/)

6. dantheman6690

dantheman6690

Aug 10, 2007
  7. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Have you tried asking on the chatboard at www.newmodelarmy.org/ Lot's of guys there play NMA tunes and might have some good advice.