Need help hooking up new preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DougD, Oct 25, 2002.

1. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I bought a basslines STC3-P preamp and cant get it to work. Please help! I'm installing it in a Jackson C5A bass with Duncan Design pickups that has the following wires 1 bare, 1 green, 1 red, 1 white, 1 black. The red and white wires are soldered together and taped to the side of the wire bundle, the bare and black are soldered together and grounded to the side of the blend pot, that leaves the green wire to be soldered to the blend pot (as per the instructions) but I cant get this thing to work. Help.
    If I put my old 2 band stock preamp back in every thing works fine
  2. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    A couple of things to check: If you are only using one pickup you will not need the Blend pot, you can disable it altogether and simply connect the pre-amp hot (Gray wire) to the reaming Green pickup wire and you will be good to go.

If you use the blend pot make sure the pre-amp hot (gray) is connected to it and the other side of the pot is grounded.

Make sure the white 'hot' from the volume control is connected to the tip of the stereo output jack (It is neccessary to use a stereo output jack)

Make sure the pre-amp has power, connect the red from the pre-amp to the red of a battery clip, and be sure the other side of the battery is grounded.

That should be asuitable checklist.
    Best of luck.