Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help identifying a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shreave, Jun 10, 2004.

1. shreave

shreave

Jul 12, 2000
    Seattle. WA USA
    I saw the bass player from Hit Explosion in Seattle last night and I couldn't make out his bass. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to him after the show.

The body looked somewhat like a danelectro DC bass with jazz style pickups that were slanted rather then perpendicular to the strings. The pickups also seemed to be set closer to the bridge than a jazz bass. The top of the body, where your forearm would rest had a chrome edge on it. The thin headstock looked somewhat like that of an old fender or a 'tele-bass'. He was using tapewounds on it.

Does this ring some bells for anyone? If not, I'm guessing it's probably a custom job.

2. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Sounds an awful lot like a Reverend Rumblefish to me...

Is this it?

[​IMG]

Russ :bassist:

3. I agree, the banjo armrest is a major clue.

4. devain21to7

devain21to7

Jun 5, 2004
    sippi
    id say it was a reverand or perhaps a samick , that may sound dumb on my part , but these days samick is the lead in imitaters , all of their products are an imitation of a popular or not so popular brand , so theres an idea