1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need Help Identifying Epiphone Upright Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by stuckert, Oct 25, 2009.

1. stuckert

stuckert

Oct 21, 2009
    Hello Listers,

I own an Epiphone upright bass. The tailpiece has the Epiphone logo. On either side of the scroll there is a brass plate (to which are attached the tuners). On the right side, the plate has this inscribed:

MADE BY
    EPIPHONE INC

NEW YORK U.SA. (the periods are as shown here)
    MODEL B.

This bass has a fixed, turned endpin -- that is not retractable.

I cannot find any other identifying information on this instrument. There is no label on the inside. It appears to be a 3/4 size or possibly a 4/4 size bass (I do not know the standard measurements for either 3/4 or 4/4 -- if there is such a thing as standard dimensions).

Can anyone provide any information on this instrument? I am particularly interested in the age of the bass as well as any other information that could be provided.

I do have .jpg images of the bass that I would be happy to send. I didn't post them with this message due their size.

Thank you

TS

2. MollyKay

MollyKay

Sep 10, 2006
    Southern PA
    Bass Hobby'ist