1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need Help identifying Les Paul copy MIJ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zinnsoldat, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Zinnsoldat

Zinnsoldat

Oct 29, 2018
    I found this bass someone is selling, but the seller doesnt know what brand it is and all it says on the bass is that its made in Japan. Said its from the 80s/90s but from the few infos they have im not sure if that can be trusted. I just would like to know what im spending my money on. Any help is appreciated!

Heres a few pictures of the bass in question:
    1. View attachment 3195710 3. 4.

Attached Files:

2.jpg
      File size:
      197.7 KB
      Views:
  2. It looks like a Columbus brand, with the brand name removed from the top of the headstock. Everything else looks like that more so than any other Les Paul copy i can think of.

3. SpazzTheBassist

SpazzTheBassist

Jun 20, 2006
    There were a bunch of those made in the late 60s/early 70s all under different brand names....this one is gonna be tough.....brands like Impact, Jadee, Aria, etc.....it might even be an Ibanez..... I actually think its a National Big Daddy bass (yours has a stop tailpiece)

les_paul_bass_japan-20-1-.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Zinnsoldat and cdef like this.
  4. G-Z

G-Z My other account is a Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Straya
    I just came across the same/similar style for sale.
    Seller can't provide any info on brand/model/etc.
    Screenshot_20181118-150135_Gumtree.

5. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Probably all of the main Japanese manufacturers had a model like this at one time. The Tomson EB-380 was made by Kiso Suzuki and marketed by Nicoh:

3123329Tomson_EB-380.

SpazzTheBassist likes this.