Need help identifying my bass guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hashbean, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Hashbean

Hashbean

Aug 16, 2013
    I have a Washburn bass that I got in a trade used and the guy said he had it for 8-10 years. He said he paid around 7 or 800$ for it brand new. I in fact know nothing of this bass so I'm hoping I can get some opinions on what this bass actually is and how much it went for. I've never seen the pickups that are on this bass before so not sure what they are but they are passive. Please get back to me with some info, thanks. 4Eon1Xd.jpg [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG] 7bguXwO.jpg 50aQKER.jpg

2. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Washburn had a model called the Idol bass with that shape, but the ones I remember didn't have those pickups.

3. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    replaced pickups perhaps? the other features match the wb66 idol schema.

4. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Never seen anything like it, but I think it's way cool!

5. Ditto. WICKED cool.

6. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    the first 4 pics are like, 'yeah, Washburn, back, neck, yawn', then POW! lol :) That is wild looking, how does it sound?

7. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Zombie thread, I know. But this video claims that this bass is a 2001 prototype for the WB66, labeled WIB-64 DL.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021