1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help identifying this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joshBIO, May 2, 2015.

1. Hi guys, I'm new to this site and am quite unfamiliar about how to use threads, so i apologise if im using it for the wrong reason, anyway, I've been having difficulty identifying a bass that I've seen on youtube vid, and this site seemed like the only place to ask a question like this, so if you guys could help me out, i would really appreciate it, the video is called: Typecast Reverends Daughter Tower Session, it's the white bass

2. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Looks to be an ESP Grass Roots series...

ESP%2520Grass%2520Roots_Screen%2520Shot%25202015-05-02%2520at%252011.38.42%2520AM.

joshBIO likes this.
  3. Thanks sir!

4. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Maybe someone will chime in with the model name/number... interesting combination of Jag body with a MM single humbucker and 3+1 headstock :bassist:

joshBIO likes this.
  5. Was about to ask for the model name to see if you possibly knew it, and yeah, that's what what got me intrigued about i,

6. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    The grassroots version doesn't seem to be in production now, here is the esp j version. JG-200BM. Took a lot of sifting through bs to find that, best I'll do I think.
    ESP Original Series -JG-B-

joshBIO likes this.
  7. Thanks alot for the help guys, i really appreciate it!

8. Is there any way I could get that bass shipped to Australia? I can't seem to find a website that allows me to buy it online..

9. It looks to me like that model is now out of production. You'll have to do some searching...

You might want to send them an email to find out how long it's been discontinued, and what the likelihood is that you might find one... and where. You never know, there may be some sitting on a rack in some Japanese music store, just waiting for you to find it!

joshBIO likes this.
  10. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    ESP Club? | Page 8 | TalkBass.com

TBer "mr.mow" from Melbourne had the ESP version back in 2009.... hmmm :cool:

jg1.

joshBIO likes this.
  11. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Hmmm... sniffing the digital trails... looks like the second owner sold it in 2011...

MELBAND

IMG_2303.

joshBIO likes this.
  12. Damn... it looks so good
    I'm gonna give it a few more days to see if i find one, if not, thanks to everyone who put in effort finding it..