1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help Identifying this Spector Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brenner182, Jun 3, 2014.

1. brenner182

brenner182

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Title says it all. Nothing stamped on the back of the headstock so im guessing its a Kramer transition era one?

You guys know more than i do. Only thing is it Has NS1301 on the cavity plate. Google was not much help. Ideas?

Guy said he got it in the Early 90's if that helps date it a bit

Whats this thing worth?

image (1). image (2). image (3). image (4). image.

Attached Files:

2. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Looks like an NS2A, to me.

3. Yep. It's an NS-2A. Kramer Era, too.

4. brenner182

brenner182

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Is that a good thing? i dont know much about these basses

5. Unlike today back in the 80's Kramer Era Spectors you could only buy 2 kinds of Spector basses. An NS American model for around $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 and the Korean NS2A model for around $600.00 to $700.00. The NS2A was basically the poor mans Spector but made well and very much in line design wise with the American model with the exception of the American Model had quilted or flame maple tops, EMG pickups, Haz Lab preamp, gold hardware and crown mother of pearl inlays on the fingerboard. The NS2A had no exotic tops, no crown inlays, black hardware and Spector pickups and preamp. A lot of players took out the Spector pickups and put in EMG's. Which made the NS2A sound very close to an American model. The NS2A you have there is called Cherry Sunburst. And it looks in good shape. The NS2A's only came in 3 colors at that time which were Cherry Sunburst, Black and White. Hope this helps and enjoy.

awilkie84 likes this.
  6. There is no such thing as a bad Spector. :D

7. Tracebassplayer

Tracebassplayer Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light.

Dec 15, 2000
    Portland, OR
    ALL NS2A basses are Kramer era... Korean made production version of the USA NS2.
    Best bang for the buck bass out there.
    Yours is NS1301
    Cherry Sunburst color scheme, high gloss finish.
    You have a FINE example of the NS2A model bass.

I'd have a brass nut made for it. It'll sound closer tot the NS2 than it already does.

come check out the Spector Owners Club thread http://www.talkbass.com/threads/spector®-owners-club.1066466/page-537
    There is a bunch of great bassist here.

Mine is IDENTICAL to yours. Mine came from Boston, MA. in 91
    Yours was built most likely by mid 1988 by the SN and only about 200 basses later. Mine was late 87 early 88 Sn 11xx.
    SPECTOR branded EMG passive pickups, Korean 9volt circuit (HAZ copy)
    Neck-through (NOT setneck),

her's a pic of mine..
    63bc3722-191b-4f47-8b99-9788a339752a_zps05085ac8.