1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help identifying Warwick "copy" bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SkinCoffin, Oct 14, 2015.

1. SkinCoffin

SkinCoffin

Aug 18, 2015
    Australia
    Found this online but have never heard of the brand.

It looks like a Streamer as far as body shape goes, and they've even kept to the Warwick headstock shape when making it.

Ad said custom body, but I think it's a custom neck too not just a new headstock veneer, as the laminations seem too thick to be Warwicks ekanga laminations?

Headstock says "Blue Rock" but Google has been no help.

Anyone know what this is or who made it?

Pics:

Barbaric.Eric likes this.
  2. Yorick

Yorick

Nov 10, 2006
    Looks like an "enhanced" Warwick Rock Bass Streamer 5 $$, from before they changed the hardware over to two piece bridge design. Never seen one in that finish though. That or a very good copy.....

3. SkinCoffin

SkinCoffin

Aug 18, 2015
    Australia
    Apparently the body is made of zebrawood and up close you can see wood grain. So i dont think its a legit body refinished I think it's a replica... maybe with the parts and neck from an old streamer?

4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    NET
    "Blue Rock" is a Far Eastern brand sold on Alibaba. IIRC their Warwick copies used to be distributed by Cranes Music in the UK.

5. SkinCoffin

SkinCoffin

Aug 18, 2015
    Australia
    Ahhh ok. Yeah I have heard alibaba sell this kind of thing but searching there to find a matching headstock was fruitless.

I assume it would be pretty nasty and cheaply made?

6. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I've actually seen that bass on Amazon a while back...

7. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    NET
    SkinCoffin and Gabbs like this.
  8. LanEvo

LanEvo

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
    Since the Streamer itself is a blatant knock-off of the Ned Steinberger-designed Spector NS, I don't think Warwick has the right to complain ;)

SkinCoffin likes this.
  9. SkinCoffin

SkinCoffin

Aug 18, 2015
    Australia
    Exact same pics from the ebay listing... probably same people selling them. Theres one thorough amazon review though.

gebass6 likes this.