1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help IDing an Ibanez and choosing on a deal!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shroom, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Shroom

Shroom

Dec 12, 2006
    Howdy all! I saw this deal on cragislist and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what model bass this is. All I can tell is that it looks like some kind of Soundgear. Also, do you guys think this is a good deal? Keep in mind that right now I'm playing an Ibanez jumpstart bass.

Thanks!

2. I can't recongnizse the model, it does look liek a soundgear. I doubt he paid $1100 for it but for $300 thats a good price it hin... I paid $650 CAD for my Ibanez sr405.

3. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    I'd be interested in the model number, but it sure looks like a good deal to me no matter what it is. My SR800 goes for about 300 on Ebay IINM.

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I believe that's a 1205 (circa 1994), and if it functions correctly, that's a heck of a deal.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

+1

He just may have paid that much for it back then. I owned an SR505 I bought for aprox. $700 in '95-'96 so that price might be correct (unless of course he bought it used).

6. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    I thought the 1205 had oval dots. The transparent color is nice, too.

7. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    The 1205s went through a number of minor changes throughout their 4 years of production and I don't think the catalogs are entirely correct about all the details and time (for example, I think hardware and bass colors changed in the middle of production runs) and other small items apparently changed in the first two years.

I have a '96 1206 six-string in Natural (exactly like the photo for the 1996 version with the wider neck stringers and black hardware... and an extra string :smug: ), it's a monster, and was my main bass from 1997 until 2002. As long as it has no major issues and even if you need to put some money into it, buy the bass. $300 w/ case is an absolute steal for it even if you would have to upgrade the electronics or replace the hardware (the gold may have tarnished if not polished for a decade) - the price simply for the body as a "platform" is still a killer.

8. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    yeah that's a great bass right there bro.

9. towsonbassist

towsonbassist

Oct 15, 2006
    older SRX. Like '99-2002. get it!

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    The SRX-series didn't debut until 2004, sorry! It should still be gotten, however.

11. Shroom

Shroom

Dec 12, 2006
    Wow! Thanks for all the help! I'll definitely go for it! I've contacted the guy, but no response yet. The ad is a few days old, so I hope no one got to it already.