1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help in choosing Codabow Infinity/ Revelation or Ophelia CF bass bows

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by YongQin, Sep 17, 2010.

1. YongQin

YongQin

Feb 18, 2009
    Edit: Thanks for the help, I've just found a wood bow that's cheaper than Ophelia, but sounds much better than many of the CF bow (Revelation, Ophelia, Finale and few) except for a 900 USD CF bow. thanks :)

Hi, I live in Singapore, a country in South-east Asia. So far, I've found out only this 3 bass bows; Coda Infinity, Revelation, and Ophelia are within my budget, and available in my country. (I don't want to waste shipping fee, Singapore has high tax charges too)

I need suggestions in getting which bass bow, although i know Ophelia is popular for their value-for-money, while Coda seems good too. But it is 2x expensive than Ophelia and also it doesn't means that it is much better than Ophelia...

I need help in comparing Ophelia and Coda, i can't test out the Codabows because the company doesn't allow me to... But if Codabow's a better investment and worth the top-up, sure i would!

I can't find a relevant post in TB that discusses this 2 bow brands, so... please, help me! Thank you in advance!

2. I can't comment on the Ophelia, unfortunately, but I have played the Coda models. I liked the Infinity better than the Revelation, for what it's worth, but I ended up settling on a Metropolitan. All three are very good bows and well worth the money.

3. ouija

ouija

Jan 18, 2009
    I tried the Revelation and the Ophelia when I was shopping for bows; I definitely liked the Revelation better.

4. GuitarFreak664

GuitarFreak664

Aug 9, 2007
    I can't speak for the Ophelia, but I own a Coda Infinity (and have for about 15 months). It's a great bow and can definitely hold its own against other wooden bows in that price range. When I bought it, I was comparing against a $1200 Seifert and a $1300 Durrschmidt (both pernambuco). While there were times that the others had a little more complexity to the tone, I found that the Infinity still has a very nice, dark tone. Another thing to be said for it is that it plays very easily all over the instrument and it reaches up above the neck almost effortlessly. The wooden bows just seemed to take more work to make them sing in the upper register.

Also, having had a wooden bow self-destruct (under normal tension mind you), I love not having to worry about the durability of the stick on the Infinity.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, but I'd definitely recommend the Infinity from my own personal experience. For under $1000, you can't beat the consistency of the bow, especially if you're going to be buying without playing them first.

armybass and johnny_bolt like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021