Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help Installing Bartolini J Bass pickups.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JJR, Aug 28, 2001.

1. JJR

JJR

Jan 7, 2001
    Idaho
    So I finally sat down to install a set of Bartolini 9W4J pickups that I bought about a year ago and I suddenly came down with a case of the stupids.

One pickup is marked "L" and one is marked "S." What does that mean??? Which one goes where?? The best I've come up with is "Left" and "South" but I haven’t yet had enough beer to completely subscribe to that theory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (My soldering iron is cooling as we speak :( ).

2. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Standard size jazz pickups are two different lengths. The one closer to the bridge is Longer and the one towards the neck is Shorter. I believe S=shorter neck pickup and L=longer bridge pu. I don't have Bartolinis. good luck!

3. JJR

JJR

Jan 7, 2001
    Idaho
    Well I'll be d@mned! ...Talk about learning something new every day! Yes, that certainly seems to be the answer to my question (and a testament to how much I still don't know).

Much thanks! :)