Need Help: Making A Simple Bass Guitar Recording

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Richie Jones, May 28, 2012.

1. Richie Jones

Richie Jones

May 28, 2012
    I need to make some basic bass guitar recordings quickly to send off to poetential bandmembers, however every way i try I get a barely recognizable buss at best. I have an Amper BA115HP and I'm trying to get it through a samsung laptop. I've tried a Chord mic and going from the amp through usb or the headphone jack. Every time I go into a music shop they sell me something I don't need.

-Will the Bal. lineout make a sound appropriate for a simple demonstration video?
    -Will I need a DI or anythbing like that?

Thanks so much for the help im at my wits end here :mad:

2. Richie Jones

Richie Jones

May 28, 2012
    ps. please keep things basic, i'm not too smart with this kind of thing.

3. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Inactive Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    You need something to change the impedance of the bass from high to low. Most effects pedals will do this, and some will do it even when bypassed, if they are not the true bypass type.

Otherwise you need some kind of DI. I either use a Roland mixer that has a high impedance guitar input, or the high impedance input on my M-Audio FireWire Solo.

Your amp has a balanced line out, so you can use that to patch into a small mixer, or use a balanced to unbalanced adaptor to plug right into the laptop.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021