1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help on a serial number

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tnpbass, Mar 4, 2018.

1. tnpbass

tnpbass

Mar 2, 2011
    Murfreesboro Tn
    A96E7F7F-6632-40E8-B009-7773B315A464. i pretty much know about most serial numbers through the years but I’ve never seen one like this. Any help is appreciated.

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I'd approach this one with caution! Those look like cheap import tuners on that supposed US headstock. Hmmm

FranF likes this.
  3. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Serial number help

With this picture, the think I see that is weird is the first "1" in the serial number. Normally, I would expect "Z3" to be in one font (year) and the other digits to be in another. On this bass, it looks like "Z31" is the first font, and then the other digits are in a second font.

Or maybe I'm crazy.

EDIT: Since you seem to have multiple pictures of this headstock, do you have other pictures of the rest of the bass?

4. tnpbass

tnpbass

Mar 2, 2011
    Murfreesboro Tn
    Tuners have been upgraded and it has a Babicz bridge on it. Never seen a Z serial number on the front of the peg head. Maybe I’m crazy.

5. tnpbass

tnpbass

Mar 2, 2011
    Murfreesboro Tn
    Tuners are new as is the bridge. It’s a Babicz. Crappy refin.

6. tnpbass

tnpbass

Mar 2, 2011
    Murfreesboro Tn
    Thanks for responding by the way. It’s appreciated

7. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    With that bullet truss rod adjuster and block inlay this would have to be a 1975 jazz bass reissue (If it's legit). I did find a couple examples online with serial numbers on the front though not from the exact same year. 2007 Fender USA 75' Reissue Jazz Bass 03.

8. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    You thanked yourself for responding?

Take a look at your other thread. I posted a pic of another bass with a Z serial number on the front of the headstock.

Edit: Or take a look at the picture above this post. It looks like the same pic I posted earlier in your other thread on the same topic.