Need Help on Amp setups!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skit_skittson, Jan 26, 2002.

1. This is my situation, right now I have a 100 watt Kustom combo. I want a larger amp that I can still haul around but gets me as loud as I need. I want a 4x10 cabinet, a bass head, and a power amp. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

2. If you have a HEAD you dont need a POWERAMP because the head is a power amp and a preamp

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    :rolleyes: Way to be rude.

I think he meant that he wants a preamp, poweramp, and a cab.

Either that, or he wanted to run the preamp out into the poweamp's in jack, and use the poweramp to add additional wattage. :)

4. Exactly. The head I want is an Ampeg B2r. It's not a ton of watts so I want a QSC power amp to run it through. That way I can get as loud as I need. I want to run that through a 4x10 cabinet with a horn. Probably an Ampeg or SWR.

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Skit, I think it might be a wise idea to just go with an Ampeg preamp, rather than dishing out the extra $$ for the entire head, which you won't even use the power section of anyway.

I believe the Ampeg preamp is an SVP? (I'm not positive)

...just a suggestion... :)

6. Not only that, but you'll get a better preamp out of it. Pro-series preamp. Definately go with that over the B2R