Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help on Amp setups!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skit_skittson, Jan 26, 2002.

1. This is my situation, right now I have a 100 watt Kustom combo. I want a larger amp that I can still haul around but gets me as loud as I need. I want a 4x10 cabinet, a bass head, and a power amp. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

2. If you have a HEAD you dont need a POWERAMP because the head is a power amp and a preamp

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    :rolleyes: Way to be rude.

I think he meant that he wants a preamp, poweramp, and a cab.

Either that, or he wanted to run the preamp out into the poweamp's in jack, and use the poweramp to add additional wattage. :)

4. Exactly. The head I want is an Ampeg B2r. It's not a ton of watts so I want a QSC power amp to run it through. That way I can get as loud as I need. I want to run that through a 4x10 cabinet with a horn. Probably an Ampeg or SWR.

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Skit, I think it might be a wise idea to just go with an Ampeg preamp, rather than dishing out the extra $$ for the entire head, which you won't even use the power section of anyway.

I believe the Ampeg preamp is an SVP? (I'm not positive)

...just a suggestion... :)

6. Not only that, but you'll get a better preamp out of it. Pro-series preamp. Definately go with that over the B2R