Need help on bass decision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by l0calh05t, May 14, 2002.

1. Yamaha BB1500A

16 vote(s)
  2. Ibanez BTB510E

8 vote(s)
  1. Ok, I need help deciding which bass to buy next because I can try neither of these two basses:
    Yamaha BB1500A
    Ibanez BTB510E

Please post your opinnions on these basses.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Tough call. Both good basses, both have wide necks and sound pretty darned good. Really, it's a matter of preference. Myself, I'd take the BTB.
  3. I didn't know that the Yamaha has a wide neck... but I love wide necks (thick warwick necks are even best, but flatter and wider necks are good too)
  4. BTW why do YOU prefer the BTB?
  5. I cast my vote for the Yammer. I've never played that particular model, I think, but I've been impressed with every Yammer I've played. That isn't the case with every Ibanez I've played.

IMO, there are some good Ibanez, and some crap Ibanez, but accross the board, Yammers are good basses. That kind of quality means something.
  6. I love Lows+Low mids... so which one has more?
  7. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I would go for Yamaha, just better sound/construction all together, IMO.
  8. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    i second, errrrrr.. 10th the vote for Yamaha.. But the BTB is a great bass also.. Both Are constructed very well IMO
  9. The Yamaha BB1500A is basically a Jazz Bass in Yamaha clothing, from what I understood in Bass Player Magazine's review about six months ago. Yamaha's almost constant feature of a 24 fret neck is one thing I really like about them. I've played all the BTB models at one time or another, and liked everyone of them. I think the Yamaha will give you a more traditional tone though.

Mike J.
  10. hmmm... interesting btw. on the pictures of the yamaha it only has 21 frets... And the BTBs have 24 (at least on the high strings)
  11. Check out:

24 frets comin at ya. Maybe you were looking at a different model.

Mike J. ;)
  12. [​IMG]

I only see 21 on there
  13. Although the information says it's supposed to be 24
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Reason: It's not an Ibanez
  15. Yamaha. You gotta love Japanese engineering and consistent quality....
  16. There seems to be a very strong tendency towards the yamaha so I guess I should get the yamaha (I know I would get the BTB515E Ibanez if I was planning to get a 5 but somehow in my band I have no use for a low B , perhaps for a high C but not a low B)
  17. The reason I might want to get the Ibanez is that I love the sound of bartolini pickups... since the Yamaha is cheaper I guess I'll just get replacements someday...
  18. I ordered the Yamaha today. They said they would have it on friday, and they'll even let me try it before deciding if I really want it (and i get it new for 680€)
  19. I am now the proud owner of a Yamaha BB1500A , that thing is one great bass... you could almost think my old bass is a cheap chinese production... wait a minute... my old bass is a cheap chinese production! :D