Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need help on deciding on an amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, May 15, 2004.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    i've been trying to decide on which amp i should save up to get. i've been first thinking of getting a GK 800rb head but then from numerous praises of the 1001rb-II i've been now considering that. the thing i need some input on is about the wattage. i was looking to getting the 800rb because im planning on playing at small to medium size venues. plus if i were to play anything big they usuing mic everyones amp anyways. now if i got the 1001rb-II do you think thats to much wattage? say if i were to get a 410rbh cab with it, if i had it turned down low will it still be enough to power a cab like that. (i'm no expert on this subject) but i think i've read that if your head is underpowered or like not pumping enough into your cab it doesn't sound good at all. basically i just want to know if i were to get a GK 1001rb-II with the 410rbh cab, will it do the jab and be hassle free for the type of venues im playing?