1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help on EBMM fingerboard choices!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cabbage, May 13, 2010.

1. cabbage

cabbage

Aug 16, 2009
    Singapore
    First of all, I'm really a newbie at specifications and bass knowledge so pardon if this comes across as really dumb:meh:

So here goes...I'm looking at the EBMM basses here on TB and realized that some basses with maple fingerboards are the light ones (the usual ones, I don't quite know what type they are), others are flamed maple and there're also the bird's eye ones.

How do these come about? Or could we like choose? EBMM says "select maple", and I infer its because its chosen by them, somewhat arbitrary? I'm really not sure. Am in the midst of ordering a Sterling with maple fingerboard and I'm don't think I can choose the type of maple.

Just curious!

Thanks whoever!

2. AFAIK, the only current EBMM basses with choice of flamed or birdseye are the Classic Series basses.

You might want to contact EBMM Customer Service with your question. They're very good at responding.

3. cabbage

cabbage

Aug 16, 2009
    Singapore
    Yea I did noticed...ooo thanks for the info mate!

4. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    On a "standard" Sterling, you can't specify. It will most likely be a nice but not overly visually fascinating piece of maple.

As mentioned, you can specify on the Classic Series, and yes, there is a Classic Series Sterling.

Jack